struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Dribin <dave...@dribin.org>
Subject Tiles, included pages, and taglibs
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 23:30:52 GMT
Hi,

This is more of an observation than a question.  I started playing
with the tiles and noticed that in included pages, you have to
redeclare taglibs in those included pages.  Say I have this file,
index.jsp:

-----
<%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8" language="java" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld" prefix="logic" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tiles.tld" prefix="tiles" %>
<tiles:insert page="/layout.jsp" flush="true">
  <tiles:put name="title"  value="My first page" />
  <tiles:put name="header" value="/header.jsp" />
  <tiles:put name="footer" value="/footer2.jsp" />
  <tiles:put name="body"   value="/WEB-INF/body/home.jsp" />
</tiles:insert>
-----

In "/WEB-INF/body/home.jsp", I have to redeclare the taglibs.  This
seems a little counter-intuitive as the included pages are not full
HTML pages, only sub-sections.  Is this the intended behavior, or do I
have something configured wrong?  And just to clarify my own sanity,
this is different that JSP includes, right?

-Dave