struts-user mailing list archives

From Antony Stace <s45652...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem with log4j and struts - log info going to 2 files.
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 03:15:00 GMT
Hi Folks

I am trying to setup log4j with struts.  I have added to each of the
files I want log messages for

    static Category cat = Category.getInstance(ClassName.class.getName() );

and then when I want to write to the log file I have added

cat.debug("Debug message");

this is working fine except I have output written to both

/var/tomcat4/log/catalina.out
and file I have defined in log4j.properties as the output file.
 log4j.appender.A2.file=/var/tomcat4/logs/testApp.log

How can I configure log4j so it only writes to log4j.appender.A2.file and
doesn't write anything to

/var/tomcat4/log/catalina.out

Thanks for your help.

Cheers