struts-user mailing list archives

From Frederico Schuh <fred_sc...@yahoo.com.br>
Subject DynaActionForm problem with non-string objects
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:38:52 GMT
I'm using some DynaActionForms, but some of them
require more complex objects with nested fields, and
not only Strings as fields.
The problem is that I can only seem to set my objects
as null, and it causes problems in the JSPs.
Consider this example, taken from struts-config.xml:

    <form-bean
type="org.apache.struts.action.DynaActionForm"
name="myForm">
        <form-property name="myObject"
type="vo.MyObject" />
    </form-bean>

I could not use the "initial" property of the
form-property element because my object is not a
String. So it is set to null instead.
All I want is a new instance of the object to be
created as the field's initial value.
I could set a newly allocated object to the Dynamic
form myself, but it sounds like a rather crude
solution to me.
Isn't there a better way to do this, or will I have to
extend the DynaActionForm class to solve this issue?

=====
Frederico Ferro Schuh
fred_schuh@yahoo.com.br
ICQ: 20486081