struts-user mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dynamic Bean Populate on Submit.
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2002 15:10:42 GMT
Yes, a nested syntax is supported by Struts 1.0 and later. You can have
other beans on an ActionForm, such as "vo", and then call the properties
as vo.getThis and vo.getThat (property="vo.this", property="vo.that")

However, be very much aware that HTTP is an open and trusting protocol.
Any simple String setter on your value object could be called or set
this way, so think about that before exposing them to HTTP clients on an
ActionForm. This would include more deeply nested properties like
vo.something.somethingElse.

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services

hemant wrote:

> Iam not aware of the enhancements in Struts 1.1b completely but would like to know if
the following
> functionality exists either in Struts 1.1b or 1.0.2.
>
> Lets say, we get a collection of ValueObjects and populate the JSP by doing a vo.getXXX
methods.

> Since Struts depends heavily on Introspection, Is it possible that  vo.setXXX is called
when someone enters a value and submits?