struts-user mailing list archives

From Marcelo Vanzin <va...@rededc.com.br>
Subject Re: *.do ---- Proof of Concepts
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 18:56:09 GMT
K J wrote:
> i thought since i had this mapping entry(below) in my
> web.xml, all the requests to the jsp would get
> intercepted by the ActionServlet!
> <!-- Action Servlet Mapping -->
>   <servlet-mapping>
>     <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
>     <url-pattern>*.*</url-pattern>
>   </servlet-mapping>

	They will, if you change the URL pattern to "/*".

	But that's not the problem: once the ActionServlet intercepts it, you'll
have to have a mapping in the config file for that request, so that
Struts knows what to do. And, once you have a mapping, you need to have
an Action (unless you extend the ActionServlet the way I mentioned
earlier, if it is possible to change this behaviour - I don't know).

--
[]'s
Marcelo Vanzin