struts-user mailing list archives

From Arron Bates <ar...@keyboardmonkey.com>
Subject Re: NESTED TAG PROBLEM .....
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:20:50 GMT
The nested tags work off a structure defined within a bean. Not a
collection itself. So wrap the hashtable in a bean and you're on your way.

You're not using a form obviously, so you'll need the <nested:root> tag
to start everything off. Point this to the name you put the bean into
your session with (currently "hashtable"), and it'll be fine. The nested
tags work off the premise that they relate to each other. They always
look up the tag hierarchy until they see a relative tag. Now there has
to be a tag to start it all, this is what the <nested:root> bean has to do.

Hopefully, this done it will start working as expected.

If you're still having trouble, there's a primer and a tutorial which
will walk you through all the steps of using the tags.

http://www.keyboardmonkey.com/next

Arron.