struts-user mailing list archives

From Antony <u8736...@mis.nccu.edu.tw>
Subject Controller behaviour in <tiles:insert controllerClass=""/>
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:24:15 GMT
Hi:
    I`m rather enjoying programming with tiles framework(thanks Cedric),
however
I (still) have some questions that needs clarification:

1. How does "Controller" acts in a composite view scenario? One
important factor of controller is
that it "dispatch" requests to several "view" conditionally....so can I
do this when I call a controller from
a <tiles:insert .../> tag? Can I insert different pages according to
transaction state, just like standard struts
application?

2.  The "flush" property of <tiles:insert/>. Actually, I`m building a
jetspeed-like application, and I used multilevel
dynamic inclusion. To a certain extent, the tiles tag reported to be
unable to "flush" in a tag lib. Then I disable the
flush property of that level, and application runs fine. But I
discovered that page content became static and don`t reflect
to database changes. I know that this may be a result of  setting flush
attribute to false.... But I need this dynamic feature,
so how may I overcome this?

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Antony