struts-user mailing list archives

From adam <a...@getcare.com>
Subject Re: [Somewhat OT] Sending HTML email using struts/java/javamail
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:03:37 GMT
1.Create a jsp that Generates your email.
2.Find out the name of the class that your JSP compiler creates.  You
can force this with most JSP compilers.
3. Create an instance of that class and pass a custom request and
response object to its get method.   The response object will contain
the html genereated by the jsp when you are done.  Try toString(), but
it may need to get it from getWriter() or something.  Depends on how you
create your response object.
4.Dump the html from the response into your email.
5.Lather, rinse.repeat

Actually, a better way may be