struts-user mailing list archives

From Chuck Cavaness <chuckcavan...@attbi.com>
Subject Re: DynaActionForm problem with non-string objects
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:41:19 GMT
I think that you'll have to extend the framework. The "initial" value is
really designed to be a primitive or one of the wrappers around it.  The
ConvertUtils "convert" method is used and it's not really capable of doing
what you want it to do. I think you might take a look at extending the
FormPropertyConfig class, rather than the DynaActionForm. The
DynaActionForm uses a Map already and should be capable of dealing with
Objects. It's the initialization portion of the process that you need to
override and I believe that starts in the FormPropertyConfig class.

Chuck Cavaness