struts-user mailing list archives

From mike.w...@honeywell.com
Subject Using html:button with Javascript
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2002 19:54:54 GMT
Hi,

I'm using several buttons on a form, an update, a delete, and a cancel.  I
use the property
of each button to determine which action needs to be taken. I added some
javascript to the
delete like:

            onclick="javascript:if(confirm('Click OK to delete the region'))
submit();" />

Obviously I've done this to keep records from accidentally being deleted.
Problem is, since I'm
using the submit() function to start the action, I no longer see the button
value.  Temporarily
I've fixed this by assuming a null name is the delete.  This is ok until you
just press a return key
while in the form.  This also gives a null name and deletes the record
(which is rather rude!)
Anybody know a good way to work around this?

Thanks, Mike