struts-user mailing list archives

From David.A.Ventimig...@WellsFargo.COM
Subject Struts Validator error messages
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:31:47 GMT
Hello,

How do I set up Struts Validator (from David Winterfeldt) for both
server-side and client-side validation, yet not have HTML tags in the
JavaScript popup boxes?  In order to get the error messages to show up
properly on the page, I need to include a formatting element like <li> in
the resource bundle.  Unfortunately, since the same message keys are used
for the JavaScript validation, the <li> appears mixed in with the text of
the error message in the popup box.  The author indicates he's written a
simple "Errors Tag", but that wasn't a part of the binary I dowloaded, and
it's not in the JavaDocs at http://home.earthlink.net/~dwinterfeldt/api/
<http://home.earthlink.net/~dwinterfeldt/api/> .  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Cheers,

David