struts-user mailing list archives

From "Arik Levin ( Tikal )" <ar...@businesslayers.co.il>
Subject struts 1.1 common-logging & log4j LogConfigurationException
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 14:42:18 GMT
Hi.

            I'm running application that includes log4j weblogic 6.1 and
struts 1.1 ( with common-logging.jar , common-beanutils.jar ...all of
common's jars.)

            And I'm getting this exception :

            "  Exception thrown while loading epv-web:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException>
            at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.ja
va:494)
            at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.ja
va:285) ...etc"

            I need log4j, so I can't remove it from my classpath. How can I
tell common-logging to use other logger than log4j, I think this is all
about.
            Or if there's any other way to go around this problem.

            Thanx.
Arik.