struts-user mailing list archives

From dmk...@earthlink.net (David M. Karr)
Subject Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts .action.MESSAGE
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 16:51:05 GMT

    Arron> add key="org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE" to the <message-resources>
tag.

    Arron> eg:
    Arron> <message-resources
    Arron>   parameter="org.apache.struts.webapp.example.ApplicationResources"
    Arron>   key="org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE"
    Arron>   />

    SSteib> I tried it but there is still the same problem. Do you mean I have to wait
    SSteib> till 1.1 final release?

If that didn't fix it, then you likely have a different problem.

Assuming you're deploying the exact struts-example WAR file, here's something
that's certainly a long shot:

Amend the WAR file so that in addition to these files:

    ApplicationResources.properties
    ApplicationResources_ja.properties
    ApplicationResources_ru.properties

Make a copy of the first file and name it
"ApplicationResources_en.properties".  Then redeploy the WAR and retest.

If that fails, you may have to start tracing this in your debugger (which will
take a while to set up if you haven't done this yet).