struts-user mailing list archives

From "Galbreath, Mark" <Galbre...@tessco.com>
Subject RE: Struts 1.1b-1 struts-config.xml parsing issues.
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 12:00:34 GMT
My dev team found a number of problems upgrading to 1.1b-1.  Here's what we
found we had to do (with JRun and Visual Source Safe):

To upgrade:

1.	Get a stable build on your local dev box.  One that you know
compiles and builds.
2.	Zip up your existing dev source.
3.	Zip up your JRun directory.
4.	Check in your changes.
6.	Verify that the latest source code in VSS compiles and deploys.
7.	Recursively get the latest from VSS.
8.	Modify local.properties.
9.	Modify global.properties.
10.	Remove jaxp.jar from the classpath.
11.	Remove xerces.jar from the classpath.
12.	Remove xmlparserv2.jar from the classpath.
13.	Redistribute the jar files (inluding Struts) using the latest
versions.
14.	Do an "ANT all" to remove all existing classes, rebuild and deploy.

Known issues:  There is a problem with the path that the class loader uses
which causes it to print out an enormous number of stack traces to
vsb2c-event.log when loading/compiling a jsp file.  This makes the system a
bit slower than usual, and the event log less useful than normal, but does
not otherwise impact the application.

Mark