struts-user mailing list archives

From "Galbreath, Mark" <Galbre...@tessco.com>
Subject RE: tag nesting error
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:02:51 GMT
I'm no XML expert, but I would assume white-space within a tag element is
significant, though I've never had a parser complain about <br /> rather
than <br/>.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Byron [mailto:bbyron@radit.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 11:26 AM

I was tracking down a bug and was surprised when I found the solution.
I thought it might be of interest.  And, I would like to know if this is
proper
behavior.

I have been receiving the following error:
> End of content reached while more parsing required: tag nesting error?

After debugging, I found the problem to come down to a single space.  It
seems that I was closing my <logic:iterate> tag with </logic:iterate >.
I would think this is fine, but I kept receiving the above error.  I was
able
to resolve the above error by removing the space in the closing iterate.
So, the closing tag looked like this:  </logic:iterate>.  Notice the only
difference is the space is now gone, and I receive no more error message.

Is this correct behavior?  Or, is this a bug?

Bob Byron