struts-user mailing list archives

From "Galbreath, Mark" <Galbre...@tessco.com>
Subject RE: No WRAP attribute in <html:textarea>?
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 18:33:14 GMT
Excellent!  I actually looked up the tag in an HTML tag library, but should
have consulted the W3 Consortium.  Thanks for the explanation - education is
an endless endeavor.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:craigmcc@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 2:07 PM

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Galbreath, Mark wrote:

> Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 13:40:33 -0400
> From: "Galbreath, Mark" <Galbreath@tessco.com>
>
> Apparently not - weird....
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/struts-html.html#textarea

Not really wierd at all, but the result of conscious decisions on my part.

The standard Struts tags for HTML rendering support only those HTML
attributes defined in HTML 4.0.1 -- and the "wrap" attribute is a browser
specific extension that is not part of the standard.  Among other things,
this keeps us in line with XHTML 1.0, where such restrictions can be
rigorously enforced via the corresponding DTDs.

If people want a wrap attribute, I suggest that you subclass the
implementation of the textarea tag and add it to your version -- I would
prefer not to modify the standard version of the tag for this.

Craig