struts-user mailing list archives

From "Cakalic, James" <James.Caka...@heybridge.com>
Subject Dispelling EJB myths
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 16:26:30 GMT
"Why all of the fuss over EJBs?"

"I hear EJBs don't perform well and aren't ready for prime-time production
use."

"I use servlets and JSPs and see no reason to invest in an application
server that supports enterprise beans."

"I can code my servlets and JSPs to do the same things as enterprise beans."

Do these statements sound familiar? I think I've read all of them on this
list. For those ready for more than FUD and rumour, I would recommend this
article which attempts to "dispel some of these myths by explaining
enterprise beans, their uses and relevance when creating business
applications." Don't let the fact that it refers to IBM products and servers
put you off.

http://www.the400resource.com/CONTENT/MONTHLY/200204/cover04.htm

Best regards,
Jim Cakalic

for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this e-mail is not
the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient, any dissemination, publication or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
The sender does not accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data
or computer system that may occur while using data contained in, or transmitted with, this
e-mail.   If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by return
e-mail.  Thank you.