struts-user mailing list archives

From "Schmidt, Carl" <Carl_Schm...@troweprice.com>
Subject action form is reset after every submit
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 14:50:03 GMT
I have a multi-page submittal of information, and a form bean is active in
session scope across the set of pages.  After each page is submitted, the
form bean is populated with the input form.  Once the set of pages have been
completed, I automatically call an overriden reset() method to clear the
bean.  However, a glance at the STRUTS source code, as well as results of
some debug output lead me to believe that the Action Servlet is calling
reset() every time a page is submitted that references that bean.

1.  Can someone confirm that I'm reading this correctly?
2.  I still want to have a reset method in my form.  I thought I'd just
rename the reset() method to something else, like resetForm(), but can
someone suggest a better alternative?

Carl