struts-user mailing list archives

From "Schmidt, Carl" <Carl_Schm...@troweprice.com>
Subject No multi page examples with error pages
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 20:32:49 GMT
Yes, this question is going to beg a STFW reply, but I'm gonna try it
anyway.  I'm trying to get some design ideas on situations where a user is
in the middle of a multi page registration, and if a page validation returns
errors, I want the user to be directed back to whatever page they were on,
_not_ back to the page specified in the input action-mapping.  I have a
solution implemented now whereby I've taken all validation code out of the
Action Form, and placed it in the Action.  Each page contains a hidden
variable that says what step the user is on.  each step is mapped to a
forward tag in the config.xml.  So, depending on if the validation succeeds
or not, i can direct the user either back to the problem page, or on the
next one.  Needless to say, this removes validation from the Action Form,
does anyone have ideas or can direct me to some examples?

Carl