struts-user mailing list archives

From "Hoang, Hai" <Hai.Ho...@coair.com>
Subject Global object
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 17:32:31 GMT
I sent this item a sometime ago but no response...but here it goes again.

Here is my problem, I have a java bean class that keeps track of who changes
what on the table (e.g. modifiedby).  When a caller class changes something
to the underlying table, I want to know who.  The problem is that this Java
bean class doesn't have access to the session object.  In addition, I want
to keep servlet layer separated from the backend java bean layer.  Again,
does Struts have some kinds of global dictionary object so I can keep
information in there and ask for it when I need it...this dictionary object
should be available to everyone?

Thank You,

Hai Hoang