struts-user mailing list archives

From "Yibing Li" <...@gnxchange.com>
Subject Multi-Lingual support
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:01:53 GMT
Folks,

    I thought one major advantage of using struts is its support form
multi-linguage.
We have built an application using Model 2. Since we need to extend the
application to
support 7 different languages, I would like to rewrite the application using
struts.
With my limited knowledge on struts, I was not able to do a proof of
concept. Here is
what I did:

   1. have ApplicationResources.properties as English property file.
   2. prepare a resource file for each language, in the case of Chinese, it
is
      ApplicationResources_zh_CN.properties in the same directory, with the
content
      translated to Chinese
   3. Set init parameter of locale to true for ActionServlet
   4. Start the server
   5. Reset the locale of a computer
   6. Browse the application

However, what I see is still in English.

   Do I miss anything? Please help.

   If you could point to some sample application to demo its multi-lingual
support,
it would be very helpful.

Thanks,

-----