struts-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Reflé <o.re...@gmx.de>
Subject RE: Multi-Lingual support
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:08:11 GMT
Have you implemented the localization on your pages correctly ??
e.g.
<bean:message key="blabla"/>

Are the keys correct to your applicationRessources.properties file ?

Oliver

-----Original Message-----
From: Yibing Li [mailto:yli@gnxchange.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 4:02 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Multi-Lingual support

Folks,

    I thought one major advantage of using struts is its support form
multi-linguage.
We have built an application using Model 2. Since we need to extend the
application to
support 7 different languages, I would like to rewrite the application using
struts.
With my limited knowledge on struts, I was not able to do a proof of
concept. Here is
what I did:

   1. have ApplicationResources.properties as English property file.
   2. prepare a resource file for each language, in the case of Chinese, it
is
      ApplicationResources_zh_CN.properties in the same directory, with the
content
      translated to Chinese
   3. Set init parameter of locale to true for ActionServlet
   4. Start the server
   5. Reset the locale of a computer
   6. Browse the application

However, what I see is still in English.

   Do I miss anything? Please help.

   If you could point to some sample application to demo its multi-lingual
support,
it would be very helpful.

Thanks,

-----