struts-user mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Levin" <apheli...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a clean way to also get non-value names from a form????
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 07:10:13 GMT
My approach to this has been as follows:

Cache the key-value pairs associated with the lookup table. My
approach is to have a bean in the servlet session that keeps
these values.

In the results page, use a custom tag which iterates through the
lookup table keys until it matches the key in the result, then
grab the value associated with that key and display it, e.g.

<misc:lookupMatch lookupBean="countryCodeLookups"
    matchPropertyBean="corporation"
    matchPropertyValue="countryCode"/>

This would extract the countryCode for a corporation, e.g. CA
and match it against the list of pairs in countryCodeLookup
(this would store CA -> Canada, US -> United States, etc...), then
display the matched value, so Canada would end up being displayed
if the countryCode was CA.