struts-user mailing list archives

From "abhishek srivastava" <abhis...@hotmail.com>
Subject Struts with WAP+HTML projects
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:06:35 GMT
Hello All,

Apologies for posting this again. If you had replied to my question could
you please re-send your post to my email address directly
(abhishes@hotmail.com). Because of my mistake in seting up rules for my mail
client all mails from this mailing list were getting deleted.

I am working on a project which is for a portal which serves to HTML and WAP
clients. This project is developed using a home grown MVC model + jsp + XSL
So one jsp serves many types of clients by looking up the header sent by the
device and applying the right XSL file .. thus creating WML or HTML output
depending upon what the client device type is. The application logic remains
the same no matter what the client device is.
We are having lot of problems with our home grown MVC framework and want to
use struts ... from all the initial examples it appears that struts is used
only for jsp pages serving HTML output.
How can I use struts in a multi channel (WAP, HTML, PDA) portal like ours? I
don't want to write a new jsp per device type. the jsp and action classes
should remain the same only the XSL changes per device type.
I would appreciate your help, also please share your experience about using
struts in a WML+HTML project.

regards,
Abhishek.