struts-user mailing list archives

From "ADH" <andrew.david.h...@gridnode.com>
Subject Using a tag to provide value for attribute of another tag
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:16:19 GMT
I have written a tag that outputs some stuff for me, and I need to
internationalise an attribute that I am passing to it:

<my:tag something="<bean:message key="foo.bar"/>"/>

However this results in an exception of the form:
ServletException in:/WEB-INF/thinghy/wotsit.jsp]
/WEB-INF/thinghy/wotsit.jsp(22,63) Attribute foo.bar has no value'

If I use <bean:message key="foo.bar"/> on its own it finds the appropriate
value ok.

Im still quite new to this and am not sure how I should be approaching this
problem.

My original idea was to just pass "foo.bar" as the attribute and have the
tag look up the internationalised value. Upon realising I had no idea how to
do this I figured Id try the above approach, which has also proven
unsuccessful. :-(