struts-user mailing list archives

From "Sandra Cann" <flying_cl...@prodigy.net>
Subject MVC specification Request
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 22:36:47 GMT
On the topic of the JCP, here goes something I've had on my mind since the
JavaOne JCP.org announcement. As you know during JavaOne there was an
announcement that Sun opens Java to Open Source community.  Future versions
of Java can feature APIs developed by the open source community under
changes to the Java Community Process (JCP).  Java Community Process (JCP)
is the formal process described for developing for revising Java technology
specifications.

As an Struts evangelist, I would like to ask this list whether the is
interest abound in this group to INITIATE A JAVA MVC SPECIFICATION REQUEST
to JCP.org. The idea is that Struts would be a open source reference
implementation of the developed MVC specification.

I feel the value proposition is there from the perspective of Sun's
objective of making Java applications "integratable" - and that means they
should share a common architecture of which MVC is a foundation technology
which would help fulfill that objective.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Respectfully
Sandra