struts-user mailing list archives

From "Shawn Catoe" <shawn.ca...@attbi.com>
Subject 1001st time this question gets asked
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 03:31:46 GMT
I am sure that with the activity of this list, this has been asked before.
I cannot find the answer that helps me in any resources that I use
(theserverside.com, jguru.com, etc).
Problem:
I am getting the following error when I submit my login form:
500 Internal Server Error No action instance for path /login could be
created

Attempts to solve:
I have verified that the struts.jar is in the WEB-INF/lib directory.
Verified all classes are present.
Checked and rechecked my struts-config.xml file.
Verified that all form tags have "blah.action" in the action attribute. (I
am not using struts tags yet, one step at a time....)

I have inserted a snippet from the struts-config.xml file below as well as
my jsp form tag.
STRUTS-CONFIG.XML
    <forward   name="success" path="Index.jsp"/>
    <form-bean name="loginForm" type="recipe.forms.LoginForm"/>
    <!-- Process a login. -->
    <action    path="login"
               type="recipe.actions.LoginAction"
               name="loginForm"
               scope="request"
               input="Index.jsp">
    </action>
LoginForm.jsp
<form action="login.action" method="get" name="loginForm">

Someone please tell me what is going on......if you need more information, I
will get it to you ASAP.
Thanks in advance,
Shawn Catoe

"I'm a kid whos got alot of problems and if I throw a brick maybe that brick
will go and solve 'em"