struts-user mailing list archives

From Kevin.Bed...@sunlife.com
Subject Re: Forward after <check-login>
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:10:26 GMT

I've done this using other approaches than Struts.

- Prior to checking for login, store the SUCCESS URL in a property on a
bean that's in request scope.
- Have the login process pull this bean from the request upon successful
login and forward to the SUCCESS URL

In this scenario I'd recommend modifying the <check-login> tag to allow the
following two parameters:

  - "successForward"     - this would allow forwarding to a page defined as
a global forward in the struts-config
 - "successURL"     - this would allow the developer to specify a URL where
the user should forwarded upon login.

You should have all the source code for the <check-login> tag - making
these changes should be about as easy as any other solution.

Andy Timm <java_coder@yahoo.com> on 04/23/2002 12:13:03 PM

      <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>