struts-user mailing list archives

From Raffy_L...@ffic.com
Subject Re: Struts Validator error messages
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:50:12 GMT

That's a good question...I also have the same problem...hope someone has
the solution

David.A.Ventimiglia@WellsFargo.COM on 04/18/2002 08:31:47 AM

      <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>

To:   struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
cc:
Subject:  Struts Validator error messages

Hello,

How do I set up Struts Validator (from David Winterfeldt) for both
server-side and client-side validation, yet not have HTML tags in the
JavaScript popup boxes?  In order to get the error messages to show up
properly on the page, I need to include a formatting element like <li> in
the resource bundle.  Unfortunately, since the same message keys are used
for the JavaScript validation, the <li> appears mixed in with the text of
the error message in the popup box.  The author indicates he's written a
simple "Errors Tag", but that wasn't a part of the binary I dowloaded, and
it's not in the JavaDocs at http://home.earthlink.net/~dwinterfeldt/api/
<http://home.earthlink.net/~dwinterfeldt/api/> .  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Cheers,

David

David A. Ventimiglia

Wells Fargo Private Client Services

(415) 396-0414 (work)

Please Note:
The information in this E-mail message, and any files transmitted
with it, is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above.  If you
are the intended recipient, be aware that your use of any confidential
or personal information may be restricted by state and federal
privacy laws.  If you, the reader of this message, are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you should not
further disseminate, distribute, or forward this E-mail message.
If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender
and delete the material from any computer.  Thank you.