struts-user mailing list archives

From SSt...@c-a-s.de
Subject Antwort: Re: Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts .action.MESSAGE
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 15:08:36 GMT

Can it be that you mean this for Struts 1.02?
But I use Struts 1.1 and there must be in the struts.config.xml (instead of
in the web.xml) the following text:
<message-resources parameter=
"org.apache.struts.webapp.example.ApplicationResources"/>

So it must have another reason it doesn't work, cause it work with Resin.

                    rizvan.katchera@

                    socgen.com              An:     SSteib@c-a-s.de

                                            Kopie:  struts-user@jakarta.apache.org

                    08.04.2002 16:37        Thema:  Re: Cannot find message resources under
key org.apache.struts
                    Bitte antworten         .action.MESSAGE

                    an "Struts Users

                    Mailing List"

It is a typicall error
To solve it you must add a file called applicationResources.properties
You must check if the web.xml contains the folowing text :
 <init-param>
      <param-name>application</param-name>

<param-value>org.apache.struts.webapp.example.ApplicationResources</param-value>

  </init-param>
I added an example of this file in the message
Regards
(See attached file: APPLIC~1.PRO)
_________________________________

SSteib@c-a-s.de
08/04/2002 15:57:00

|-----------------------------------------------------------+------------------|

|                                                           |Return
Receipt: No|
| To:    struts-user@jakarta.apache.org                     |Importance:
Normal|
| cc:     (bcc: Rizvan KATCHERA/fr/socgen)                  |

|-----------------------------------------------------------+------------------|

SUBJECT: Cannot find message resources under key
         org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

Hi,
the struts-example from Struts 1.1 works with Resin 2.05 but if I start it
with the WSAD 4.0 (Websphere Application Developer) there comes this error:

Error Message: Cannot find message resources under key
org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
Error Code: 500
Target Servlet: null
Error Stack:
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find message resources under key
org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
     at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.message(RequestUtils.java:793)
     at
org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:295)
     at index_jsp_0._jspService(index.jsp :6)
     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:139)

     at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:286)

     at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:415)
     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:544)

Has somebody an idea? I didn't changed the example. So in the
struts-config.xml it's still this code:
<message-resources parameter
="org.apache.struts.webapp.example.ApplicationResources"/>

Thanks,
Susanne