struts-user mailing list archives

From Jim Crossley <jcross...@ifleet.com>
Subject Re: 1001st time this question gets asked
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 21:44:16 GMT
"Shawn Catoe" <shawn.catoe@attbi.com> writes:

> With the same set up, just the slashes added to the action's path attribute,
> input attribute, and on the form tag attribute, I am getting the same error.
> Anyone have any other thoughts on this?
> Thanks,
> Shawn Catoe
>
>     <!-- Process a login. -->
>     <action    path="/login"
>                type="recipe.actions.LoginAction"
>                name="loginForm"
>                scope="request"
>                input="/Index.jsp">
>     </action>
>
> <form action="/login.action" method="get" name="loginForm">

That won't work.  For the above action, your jsp should contain this:

If you insist on not using struts tags, the equivalent is this:

<form action="/YourWebAppName/login.do" method="post" name="loginForm">

That's assuming your web.xml has this in it:

<web-app>
  <display-name>YourWebAppName</display-name>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>