On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Galbreath, Mark wrote: > Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 13:40:33 -0400 > From: "Galbreath, Mark" > Reply-To: Struts Users Mailing List > To: 'Struts Users Mailing List' > Subject: RE: No WRAP attribute in ? > > Apparently not - weird.... > > http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/struts-html.html#textarea > Not really wierd at all, but the result of conscious decisions on my part. The standard Struts tags for HTML rendering support only those HTML attributes defined in HTML 4.0.1 -- and the "wrap" attribute is a browser specific extension that is not part of the standard. Among other things, this keeps us in line with XHTML 1.0, where such restrictions can be rigorously enforced via the corresponding DTDs. If people want a wrap attribute, I suggest that you subclass the implementation of the textarea tag and add it to your version -- I would prefer not to modify the standard version of the tag for this. > Mark Craig > > -----Original Message----- > From: David.A.Ventimiglia@WellsFargo.COM > [mailto:David.A.Ventimiglia@WellsFargo.COM] > Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 1:30 PM > To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org > Subject: No WRAP attribute in ? > > > Hello, > > > > Is there any way to coerce the tag to render a WRAP > attribute in the resulting