struts-user mailing list archives

From wbchm...@Ensign-BickfordInd.com
Subject html:messages
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 22:22:54 GMT

Hello,

I cannot get the new messages tag to work for me...  I also can't find
anything anywhere on how to use it...

In my action I am doing this:

When I run this it whines about the ID being required.  I looked at what
the id attribute is for and I cannot seem to figure out
where it shoud point to...  I've tried many many things so far...

TIA

----------------ACTION CODE---------------------------
ActionMessages amsgs = new ActionMessages();
ActionMessage am = new ActionMessage("drilldown.results.nomatches");
amsgs.add(ActionMessages.GLOBAL_MESSAGE,am);
request.setAttribute(Action.MESSAGE_KEY, amsgs);
return (mapping.findForward("continue"));

<%@ page language="java" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld" prefix="logic" %>