struts-user mailing list archives

From wbchm...@Ensign-BickfordInd.com
Subject Validator problem (or user problem... not sure which yet)
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:42:49 GMT

Hiya,

I am having trouble getting validator to work under 1.1b (I never used
it before).

I have the plug in defined, I have the validator.xml set up with my form
name like so:

<form  name="formNewRequest">
 <field    property="value(employeeFirstName)"
   	  depends="required">
         	     <arg0 key="registrationForm.firstname.displayname"/>
</field>
</form>

Notice the property?  Can I do this?  My bean has a setValue( ) and
getValue( ) method that I work with.

The result of this is nothing.  It returns back to the form page, but
that could be because of my normal validate routine

The other strange thing is that although it calls my validate method in
my formbean any error messages disappear off into the bit bucket...

Should I just migrate to dynaforms?  Would that be best?

Thanks

Bill