struts-user mailing list archives

From wbchm...@Ensign-BickfordInd.com
Subject RE: UML for Struts
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:54:52 GMT

I just finished reading the webUML code...

I think it is a good place to start...

I've been using Visio 5.0 to do my UML but am not very happy with it.

I'm going to tinker around with the webUML stuff and see where it looks
like it wont fit struts

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe [mailto:Joe@Germuska.com]
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 10:59 AM
To: struts-user
Subject: UML stereotypes for Struts (Re: UML? File organization?)

I think this is a great topic for discussion, but I haven't thought
too far about it.  I would think the route would be simply to agree
on a few stereotypes, and perhaps some standard names for tagged
values.

Are you familiar with WebUML?
<http://www.conallen.com/whitepapers/webapps/ModelingWebApplications.htm >

It might be a useful reference/counterpart to defining UML for struts.

One of the future features we have in mind for StrutsBuilder would be
import from XMI, which you could export from most UML tools.  I don't
know XMI syntax at all, but conceptually, it's not much different
from importing from a struts-config file.  But we wouldn't want to do
that until there was a Struts community consensus on UML notation.

<http://sourceforge.net/projects/rivernorth/>

Joe

At 10:33 AM -0400 2002/06/21, wbchmura@Ensign-BickfordInd.com wrote:
>I have been playing with UML and trying to find a good way to do the
>upfront design of a struts based application.  Has anyone done this
>already and have any suggestions?  I know the use-cases can pretty much
>stay the same...
>
>I am also putting together a document on the best way to go about
>struturing your directories under struts...  If anyone has any
>suggestions I would love to hear it...
>
>I already have stuff like JSPs under the WEB-INF and stuff.  I am
trying
>to work out the best way to organize all the packages in the src
>directory...
>
>Should they be by purpose of the objects like (conventional theory)
>
>com.ebind.hrdata.people;
>com.ebind.hrdata.companies;
>com.ebind.struts.create;
>com.ebind.struts.search;
>

>or more along the lines of struts:
>
>com.ebind.peoplefinder.search;
>com.ebind.peoplefinder.create;
>
>We've got two small projects done wth struts and the next ones will be
>more complex so I want to get the best practices down (I've printed and
>read the husted site a few times already)
>

>Any thoughts would be great - and I will drop the document out here
when
>its done
>

>--
>For additional commands, e-mail:

* Joe Germuska    { joe@germuska.com }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
	--Sam Goody, 1956
tune in posse radio: <http://www.live365.com/stations/289268>

For additional commands, e-mail: