struts-user mailing list archives

From wbchm...@Ensign-BickfordInd.com
Subject RE: HELP Tiles Action Component Servlet not being called
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 21:32:30 GMT

I am outta here for the weekend...

But here is one last thing to try:

try changing

  <definition name="indexPage" path="/globals/BlackBaseLayout.jsp">

to this...

  <definition name="indexPage" template="/globals/BlackBaseLayout.jsp">

otherwise you can hope that some decade old bong resin breaks loose in
my brain and lets me remember how I fixed it for myself :)

-----Original Message-----
From: dennis [mailto:dennis@zserve.com]
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 5:04 PM
To: struts-user
Subject: RE: HELP Tiles Action Component Servlet not being called

Same here 4.0.3 tomcat

my defs file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<!DOCTYPE tiles-definitions PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD
Tiles Configuration//EN"
       "http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/tiles-config.dtd">

<!-- Main Layout Definition description  -->
<tiles-definitions>
  <definition name="indexPage" path="/globals/BlackBaseLayout.jsp">

          <put name="title"  value="DateMate.com" />

          <put name="header" value="Test" />

          <put name="body"   value="Test" />

  </definition>
</tiles-definitions>

This is being loaded ok.  This is a very strange error.

Thanks for you help
-Dennis

On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 15:09, wbchmura@Ensign-BickfordInd.com wrote:

> I am on Tomcat 403 and it works.  I would not think it was a tomcat
bug
> because it is not really being handled by that...
>
> What does your tiles definition file look like?  I had some issues in
> there also.  I wish I could remember what I did to fix it...

<servlet-class>org.apache.struts.tiles.ActionComponentServlet</servlet-c
> > lass>
> >
> > <init-param>
> > <param-name>definitions-config</param-name>

<param-value>/WEB-INF/jsp/plantsec/tilesDefinitions.xml,/WEB-INF/jsp/com
> > mon/tiles/tilesGlobal.xml
> > </param-value>
> > </init-param>
> >
> > <init-param>
> > <param-name>definitions-debug</param-name>
> > <param-value>2</param-value>
> > </init-param>
> >
> > <init-param>
> > <param-name>definitions-parser-details</param-name>
> > <param-value>0</param-value>
> > </init-param>
> >
> > <init-param>
> > <param-name>definitions-parser-validate</param-name>
> > <param-value>true</param-value>
> > </init-param>
> >
> > <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
> >
> > </servlet>

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.getRequestDispatcher(Applica
> > tionContext.java:570)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContextFacade.getRequestDispatcher(A
> > pplicationContextFacade.java:174)
> > 	at

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.jav
> > a:965)
> > 	at

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForward(RequestProcesso
> > r.java:548)
> > 	at

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:
> > 250)
> > 	at

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1109)