struts-user mailing list archives

From "Shekhar Jain" <shek...@edgesoftinc.com>
Subject RE: Newbie: pass ResultSet to JSP?
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 17:06:04 GMT
We've had good success in using a CachedRowSet instead of a ResultSet.

-----Original Message-----
From: Struts Newsgroup [mailto:@Basebeans.comstruts@basebeans.com]
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 6:25 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Newbie: pass ResultSet to JSP?

From: "David Chu" <davidchu@aol.net>
 ===
I am trying to get my head around this struts framework for the first
time. I am confused about the best/standard way to access data from a
JSP.

- Let's say I want a page list_items.jsp.
- I have access to a bean that has a method that returns the results of
a database query as a ResultSet object.
- How should I iterate through the rows of the bean?
- Complication: my jsp complains that the ResultSet object has been
closed (because I closed the query)

Is this the prefered encapsulator of data that I should be accessing
through my JSP?  Hopefully I can use the <struts-logic:iterate> tag.

Thanks for helping out a new struts developer!

-david

David C. Chu
America Online
Network Tools Intern