struts-user mailing list archives

From "Dave Derry" <dde...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Newbie: pass ResultSet to JSP?
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2002 01:43:57 GMT
As you found, you cannot pass the ResultSet back to your JSP. This would not
be a good thing if you could. That would be coupling your data layer too
closely with your view layer. A better solution is to populate a Collection
object with the data in your ResultSet, and pass that back to your JSP
(through a controller such as an Action object I assume).

There has also been some discussion about RowSets, but I haven't had a
chance to look into them.

Dave