struts-user mailing list archives

From "SATISH.T" <satish.ter...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: select dropdown with a nested name-attribute doesnt work in any browser - sends wrong value in request
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 09:06:23 GMT
Hi I have tried out nested:select in both IE and netscape and it works
fine. The property bandList is the one I set in my nested beans which is
a collection (Arraylist ) of label Value beans(name-value pairs).
This is the syntax I use and the values are returned properly.
<nested:define id="Y" property="bandList"/>
	 <nested:select property="bandName"
onchange="<%=\"trial(\"+counter+\")\"%>" >
labelProperty="value"/>
 </nested:select>

-----Original Message-----
From: adam.hardy@cyberspaceroad.com
[mailto:adam.hardy@cyberspaceroad.com]
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 2:21 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: select dropdown with a nested name-attribute doesnt work in any
browser - sends wrong value in request

Neither Mozilla nor IE are handling my HTML produced from nested tags.
They ignore any selection I make in a select dropdown when I submit. The
incoming parameters at the server show that the original value is always
sent.

My HTML:

<select name="operationList[0].locationIdString">
<option value="0" selected="selected">-- please select --</option>
<option value="1">Strange Location</option>
<option value="2">Up a tree</option>
<option value="3">Kebabhouse</option>
</select>

In my debug logging, I see all the other parameters with correct values,
but I get operation[0].locationIdString=0 no matter what I select.

Is anybody successfully using nested dropdowns / select boxes? Why does
this affect both browsers? Am I going mad?

Adam