struts-user mailing list archives

From "hemant" <ya...@softhome.net>
Subject Re: On a Tangent, Connection Pooling for UDB/400
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 20:21:29 GMT
David

I talked to the guys from IBM. It seems that Toolbox driver support is
available via forum and web only. However, according to the support guy, the
"Connection Dropped" is due to a TCP/IP issue. They suggested that we use
the Latest PTF's

here is a link supporting that.
http://www-912.ibm.com/j_dir/JTOpen.nsf/2bd4742db2e03c7b862568230070dbd3/019
0377695ef256e86256aa80052042b?OpenDocument

They also suggested that we apply the java related PTF's (SI02866, I am not
sure about the number but looks like it) in addition to the Database PTF's.

I use poolman and as an experiment, I increased the connection timeout
parameter to 72000 seconds.

!-- The connection will be destroyed after living for a   -->
<!-- duration of this value. IN SECONDS.                   -->
<!-- DEFAULT: 1200 (20 minutes)                            -->
<connectionTimeout>72000</connectionTimeout>

due to this, I didnt get the connection dropped issue until 72000 seconds.

I also found out from the IBM Toolbox Driver forum that WebSphere has the
ability to detect such connections and destroy them. So if we use a
WebSphere data source we might not get this problem. I am currently gearing
up to connect via a WebSphere datasource.

Regards
hemant