struts-user mailing list archives

From Chakradhar Tallam <c.tal...@oopl.com.au>
Subject RE: <data-source> problem
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 02:27:36 GMT
have u got this declaration just before the

  <form-beans>

  </form-beans>

declaration!

-----Original Message-----
From: slickdev [mailto:slickdev@comcast.net]
Sent: Friday, 21 June 2002 12:12 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: <data-source> problem

I have a problem with the data-source properties in struts-config.xml
This is for the sample email portal application.

I configured the properties to use my localhost oracle installation, which
does work with jdbc from command-line java apps as well as with sql*plus.

Here is the suspect layout:

 <data-sources>
    <data-source>
      <set-property property="autoCommit" value="false"/>
      <set-property property="description" value="Oracle Data Source
Configuration"/>
      <set-property property="maxCount" value="4"/>
      <set-property property="minCount" value="2"/>
      <set-property property="driverClass"
value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"/>
      <set-property property="url"
value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:oracle"/>
      <set-property property="user" value="system"/>
      <set-property property="password" value="manager"/>
    </data-source>
  </data-sources>

PROBLEM
When clicking the initial logon link to invoke logon.jsp, an exception
occurs:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find ActionMappings orActionFormBeans
collection
at
l.java:460)
at logon_1._jspService(logon_1.java:691)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
---
---
---

The exception does not occur if the stuff between <data-source> ---
</data-source> is commented out.