struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Reumann <maill...@reumann.net>
Subject Re: html:messages
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 00:07:07 GMT

On Thursday, June 13, 2002, 6:22:54 PM, wbchmura@Ensign-BickfordInd.com wrote:

wEBc> ----------------ACTION CODE---------------------------
wEBc> ActionMessages amsgs = new ActionMessages();
wEBc> ActionMessage am = new ActionMessage("drilldown.results.nomatches");
wEBc> amsgs.add(ActionMessages.GLOBAL_MESSAGE,am);
wEBc> request.setAttribute(Action.MESSAGE_KEY, amsgs);
wEBc> return (mapping.findForward("continue"));

      Try--
      replacing
           request.setAttribute(Action.MESSAGE_KEY, amsgs);
      with:
           saveMessages( request, amsgs );

     If the above doesn't help then try in the jsp page:

        <bean:write name="message"/><BR>

    I'm new to using the messages myself, so probably someone else can
    help out more, but I know the above works for me.

--

Rick

mailto:maillist@reumann.net

"As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red
again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a
bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way."
  -Jack Handey