struts-user mailing list archives

From "emmanuel.boudrant" <b...@yahoo.fr>
Subject RE: tag for the blank string to "&nbsp;" ... performance
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 21:32:44 GMT

Hi,

 I've got a simple question, custom tags decrease performance, isn't it ?  When using a custom
tag, a object is instancied, doStartTag, doEndTag... invoked.

so why use a tag for making a simple test ?

    <logic:present name="theForm" property="theProp">
       <bean:write name="theForm" property="theProp"/>
    </logic:present>
    &nbsp;

became

  <% if ( xxx.getAttribute("theForm") != null ) { %>
      <bean:write name="theForm" property="theProp"/>
  <% } else { %>&nbsp;<% } %>

-Emmanuel

  James Mitchell <jmitchtx@telocity.com> a écrit : DOH!!.....hehehe.....sorry, that's
what I meant. (going thru my mail too
quickly)

James Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://struts-atlanta.open-tools.org