struts-user mailing list archives

From otisg <ot...@ureach.com>
Subject Re: Re: StrutsValidator - error while compiling 1.1 beta 1
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 04:08:08 GMT
Thanks, that could have been it.
I got the stuff straight from CVS now and
built it using the latest code, which worked
fine.

Otis

---- On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, David Winterfeldt
(dwinterfeldt@yahoo.com) wrote:

> You probably have a newer version of the
Commons
> Validator in you classpath than the
version that was
> used with the Struts 1.1 beta.  The method
name the
> StrutsValidator calls in a class from the
Commons
> Validator is the same, but it used to throw an
> RESyntaxException.  But doesn't now that
it switched
> to using ORO.  Try using the Commons
Validator jar
> that comes with the beta download.
>
> David
>
> --- otisg <otisg@ureach.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to compile Struts 1.1 beta 1
> > from source using ant and I'm getting the
> > following error:
> >
> >     [javac]

/usr/local/src/java/jakarta-struts-1.1-b1-src/src/share/org/apache/struts/util/StrutsValidator.java:145:
> > exception
> > org.apache.regexp.RESyntaxException is never
> > thrown in body of corresponding try
statement
> >     [javac] 	    } catch
(RESyntaxException e) {

> > I found some old posts mentioning that this
> > is due to jakarta-regexp -> jakarta-oro
> > switch, so I made appropriate changes in
> > build.xml and build.properties, so now this
> > is what I have there:
> >
> > # grep regexp build*

build.properties:regexp.jar=/usr/local/jakarta-oro/oro.jar
> > build.xml:      <pathelement
> > location="${regexp.jar}"/>
> > build.xml:
> > <copy file="${regexp.jar}"
> >
> > # grep oro build*

build.properties:regexp.jar=/usr/local/jakarta-oro/oro.jar
> > build.xml:

tofile="${build.home}/library/jakarta-oro.jar"/>