struts-user mailing list archives

From Anand Raman <ara...@sapient.com>
Subject RE: html: password and where has my password gone ?
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 13:39:57 GMT
make sure that the name for the password box has a appropriate getter in the
ActionForm. Struts will complain if you trying to display a form on a jsp
but the ActionForm doesnt have a getter, but wont crib if a setter for the
property is not present in the form.

Hope this helps
Anand

-----Original Message-----
From: Barbara Post [mailto:babs33@ifrance.com]
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 7:07 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: html: password and where has my password gone ?

I have :

redisplay="false"/>
in a simple <html:form... >

When I press submit I always get the error message that means that my
ActionForm got an empty String when getting the password !!
getting userPassword variable.

So where is my password ? In the reset() method I don't touch it, and in the
validate(...) method its value is lost. :-(
So I even cannot login !

Thx for any clue. Every other field works well.

BP