struts-user mailing list archives

From "Chen, Dean (Zhun)" <Dean.C...@gs.com>
Subject JSP Pager Tag performance issues
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:50:35 GMT
I am currently using JSP Tag's Pager Tag Library v1.1. The tag library is
very easy to use. However, I'm suspecting there's a performance issue.
I'm returning a Collection of beans. However, it takes a very long time for
JSP to generate the page even for small # of results. It also takes very
long to go from one page to another, longer than even SQL queries. I check
the logs, after the servlet returns to the jsp, it would take a long time
for the page to generate.

Are there any performance tuning that I can do? Are there another JSP Paging
tags?

Thanks,

Dean Chen