struts-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Lehrian <mlehr...@crosscurrent.com>
Subject Re: database maintainance tool
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:13:28 GMT
Well, it won't generate JSP's, but it will convert between XML schema,
database (DDL) and data objects (Java objects wrapping tables).  It's
called Visual Business Sight Framework (VBSF) from
http://www.objectmatter.com/.  You can build your own templates for Java
object and DDL generation.  It's not opensource, and there is a cost for
the runtime, but you can d/l the tool and use it for free (well,
technically, I haven't read the license agreement, so maybe you can't
technically use it for free :-).

In addition, again more focused on the O/R side, is DMLDataAccess, which
has a Java GUI modeling tool and will generate database (DDL), data
objects, and I think XML schema.  Also it provides a persistence engine
similar to Apple's EOF.  I've spoken with David about open-sourcing
DMLDataAccess.  He's on the fence, but I know he's been looking at the
various opensource licenses.  An encouraging email might do the trick.

Good luck.
Matthew