struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jayaraman Dorai" <jayara...@Wellogic.com>
Subject RE: Re: Nested Tags question
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 19:42:38 GMT
When I use nested tags, I am not able to access it through java scripts since the name is "mailingAddress.city".
Does anyone have a work around or am I missing something?

Jayaraman

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:craigmcc@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 12:23 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Re: Nested Tags question

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 adam.hardy@cyberspaceroad.com wrote:

> Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:43:59 +0200
> From: adam.hardy@cyberspaceroad.com
> Subject: Re: Re: Nested Tags question
>
> So Craig,
> does the process work at submit time (when the request parameters are
> being put into the nested beans) via calls to the getter methods to get
> the beans on which the parameters have to be set?
>
> I can't see how else it would work.

It depends on what context you are using the expressions in.  For example:

  <!-- Assume the form bean name is "customerForm" -->

will, in effect, do a call to:

  customerForm.getMailingAddress().getCity()

when the page is displayed, and a call to:

  customerForm.getMailingAddress().setCity()

when the request parameters are being copied in to the form bean.

> Adam

Craig