struts-user mailing list archives

From Arron Bates <struts-u...@keyboardmonkey.com>
Subject Re: Struts\CORBA
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 16:04:00 GMT
I've used Struts and CORBA, though not in the same app. But the theory
is more than sound.

The marshaling is a whole part of the deal. The tags aren't used
directly against result sets from databases, so using the objects direct
from CORBA wouldn't be done either.

With that said, you *could* use the objects directly coming back from
the CORBA call  :)
It's just that you're working more with the primitive collections of the
IDL and such rather than the higher level java collections. If all
you're doing is displaying the data, then this will be just fine.

If you're managing beans and such, then it's recommended that you
marshal and keep a business layer of objects separate to data you pass
in and out of a display oriented data structure. This is marshaling, but
it's the recommended way to keep everything neatly in its own domain of
the MVC.

CORBA's a good a match as any other system we plug into.

And you're right on the XSL thing. Enormous performance hit.

Arron.