struts-user mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: <data-source> problem
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 06:44:27 GMT
Look at your servlet engine log (servlet.log if you are using Tomcat with
the default setup).  Most likely the ActionServlet associated with your web
app is not loading because the data source initialization is failing.  The
mappings aren't there because the initialization failed.  The error message
will (hopefully) tell you why.  Make sure that you have the Oracle JDBC
driver jar in your application's WEB-INF/lib.

slickdev wrote:

I have a problem with the data-source properties in struts-config.xml
This is for the sample email portal application.

I configured the properties to use my localhost oracle installation, which
does work with jdbc from command-line java apps as well as with sql*plus.

Here is the suspect layout:

 <data-sources>
    <data-source>
      <set-property property="autoCommit" value="false"/>
      <set-property property="description" value="Oracle Data Source
Configuration"/>
      <set-property property="maxCount" value="4"/>
      <set-property property="minCount" value="2"/>
      <set-property property="driverClass"
value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"/>
      <set-property property="url"
value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:oracle"/>
      <set-property property="user" value="system"/>
      <set-property property="password" value="manager"/>
    </data-source>
  </data-sources>

PROBLEM
When clicking the initial logon link to invoke logon.jsp, an exception
occurs:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find ActionMappings orActionFormBeans
collection
at
l.java:460)
at logon_1._jspService(logon_1.java:691)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
---
---
---

The exception does not occur if the stuff between <data-source> ---
</data-source> is commented out.